Friday 18 October 2013

Birchbox UK October 2013 Review

My October Birchbox arrived yesterday and this is what it contained (excuse the crappy phone pics)


and the individual products:
 
Beauty Extra - Egyptian Magic
What - A cult multi-purpose healing skin cream made with just six all natural ingredients.
How - Take a small amount and rub it in your hands until it turns to oil, the apply to skin or ends of hair.

I'm intrigued by this product.  I have very dry hands during the winter and I'm going to save it to use as a hand cream.

 
Dr Lipp. Nipple Balm For Lips - Versatile lip balm that started life as a nipple balm! Hydrates and repairs dry flaky skin, sealing in moisture

This was actually damaged and has leaked so there isn't a huge amount left in the tube but bearing in mind that only a very small amount is needed I'm happy to just use what is left.  It is very rich and certainly does what it says.
 
theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac - This easily blended two in one lip and cheek stain gives a natural, understated blush.

Second lip and cheek stain in a week (MeMeMe in Glossybox earlier in the week).  This one is far superior to the MeMeMe one.  For starters it has a wand rather than a brush and goes on a lot easier.  The colour is slightly different but this one gives more coverage.
 
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser - A sheet, lightweight formula to add a healthy glow and moisturise with antioxidant vitamin complex and SPF20.

The shade of this is sand and in the tube looked quite dark for my skin tone but it was a very good match when I applied it.  Definitely like this.
 
Akane Mask Cocoon Nocturne - a fresh apple scented gel mask to help beat signs of tiredness and hydrate thirsty skin.

I'm not a fan of apple scents but this is subtle enough not to be overpowering whilst in bed.  I've not used it yet so I'm looking forward to doing that tonight.
 

KMS California Silk Sheen Styling Crème - A lightweight formula that provides heat protection and control even for those prone to frizz.

That would be good for my frizzy prone mop then.  I'm washing my hair later so I'm looking forward to trying it.
 
Lifestyle Extra The Chia Co Shots - Bonafide superfood, packed with health boosting omega 3, protein and more.

I'm looking forward to this. I've heard so much about the health benefits and can definitely see myself buying more.

All in all I like this box and in comparison to the god awful Glossybox I got earlier in the week this is fantastic.

No comments: